Annual General Meeting 2014
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the National Osteoporosis Society will be held at the National Osteoporosis Society, Camerton, Bath, BA2 0PJ on Wednesday 16 July 2014 at 11 am to transact the following business:
- Welcome and Apologies - Mrs Kate Tompkins
- Minutes of the previous meeting - Mrs Kate Tompkins
- Chairman’s Report - Mrs Kate Tompkins
- Chief Executive’s Report - Mrs Claire L Severgnini
- Treasurer’s Report - Mr Jeremy Stern
- To consider and if thought fit pass the following - Mrs Kate Tompkins resolutions as special resolutions:
- Appointment of Charity Trustees - Mrs Kate Tompkins Jeremy Stern as Treasurer
- Retiring from the Board as a Trustee Janine Chandler Roger Francis
- To appoint Haysmacintyre as the auditors - Mrs Kate Tompkins
- Any Other Business/Questions - Mrs Kate Tompkins
- Close of AGM - Mrs Kate Tompkins
If you are not able to attend but wish to put a question relevant to AGM business to the Board of Trustees, these should be submitted in writing to the Events Team, National Osteoporosis Society, Camerton, Bath, BA2 0PJ or by email to: email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 25 June 2014.
A final agenda will be issued to those attending the AGM twenty one days prior to the meeting along with a copy of our Annual Report 2013. After the AGM, the 2013 Annual Report will be available for download in PDF format from our website along with draft minutes or a hard copy can be obtained by calling 01761 473104. The AGM is free of charge to attend, but advanced booking is essential.
NOTICE TO MEMBERS
Following the news features in September and December 2013 Osteoporosis News the Trustees will now proceed with the formal proposal to change the Charity’s Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association to remove the Company Law responsibility from our standard and professional membership scheme.
To comply with the Companies Act 2006, we have a legal obligation to:
- put forward the proposal as a Special Resolution at our next Annual General Meeting;
- notify all of our members of this Special Resolution;
- provide you with the opportunity of reading the Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association;
- and provide the opportunity for you to vote either in person or by proxy.
Opportunity to read Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association
These documents are available to view below. Alternatively you can contact our Membership Department for a hard copy (details below).
The Special Resolution will require a vote. Those present at the AGM will be asked to vote either For, Against or Abstain. To support the Charity’s proposal. please vote ‘For’.
Should you wish to vote, but are not going to attend the AGM you may do so by post, using the voting form found within osteoporosis news, entitled ‘Proxy Notice’. By using this form you may mark your vote as either For, Against, Abstain and the Charity’s Chair, Mrs Kate Tompkins will be designated to put forward your vote in your absence. Alternatively if you have a person attending the AGM who you would wish to vote on your behalf, you can complete the form and insert their name.
Should you have any queries relating to the Special Resolution and the process, please contact: Membership Department, National Osteoporosis Society, Camerton, Bath, BA2 0PJ or by telephone on 01761 473287 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information or to book your place at the AGM, please contact the Events Team on: 01761 473123 or by emailing: email@example.com
By order of the Board of Trustees.
Special Resolution passed at National Osteoporosis Society AGM
Friday 18 July 2014
Members of the National Osteoporosis Society have voted at the Charity’s Annual General Meeting to pass the following special resolution:
“The Board of Trustees proposes that the Articles of Association are amended so that the trustees become the only company law members.
- The role of a company law member is to attend AGMs for the purpose of:
- Appointment and removal of Trustees
- Appointment of auditors.”
If you have any questions or comments about this matter these can be directed to the Membership Team, National Osteoporosis Society, Camerton, Bath, BA2 0PJ or by telephone on 01761 473287 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the vote.
2013 AGM Minutes draft version
Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association
2013 AGM Agenda
2012 Annual Review
2012 Report and Financial Statements (Year ended 31 Dec 2012)
2012 AGM Minutes draft version