Public Affairs and Policy
Our Public Affairs and Policy team works to develop policies that will improve the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care of people affected by osteoporosis and fractures.
We strive to inform and influence minsters, officials and politicians in all four UK countries to ensure that osteoporosis is prioritised in health and social care policy. We also work with commissioners, health and social care professionals and regulators to ensure that policy is implemented consistently and effectively. You can view our public policies in our four country specific manifestos below:
The team liaises continuously with experts across the world to ensure that all that we campaign for reflects the very latest in medical and scientific technology.
In this section you can find out:
- what we do to improve services for people affected by osteoporosis and fractures, and ensure that services are universally available
- what we do to ensure that services are assessed
- how we seek to improve access to the most effective treatments
- how we work to influence public bodies to encourage people to take steps to improve and maintain their bone health
- our positions on key pieces of public policy
- how we respond to public consultations.
Explore the links on the left to find out more.