The Osteoporosis and Bone Conference 2012 was held in the vibrant city of Manchester from 01 - 04 July 2012.
Attendance at the event gave attendees an unrivalled opportunity to increase their knowledge, learn from internationally renowned experts about recent advances in osteoporosis and bone disease, interact and network with a large multidisciplinary audience, exchange ideas and experiences and discover how to tackle complex clinical challenges.
Clinical scientific content
The extensive programme included some of the following popular elements and new sessions.
- Educational Update Session covering Pathophysiology, Epidemiology and Impact of Osteoporosis, Diagnosis and Fracture Risk Assessment, Prevention and Management of Falls, Pharmacological and Non-Pharmacological Therapy for Osteoporosis.
- Plenary invited lectures from internationally renowned experts in osteoporosis and bone.
- ‘Basic Facts’ Session designed as an introduction to the field.
- Oral abstract sessions and Poster Displays presenting new research and data.
- Conference Symposia including Extracellular Signalling and Paget's Disease.
- Q&A opportunities with key experts.
- Satellite sessions featuring top-class speakers.
- Interactive workshops on a wide range of practical topics including, Nutrition and Bone Disease, Introduction to Bone Cell Biology, Vertebral Fracture Assessment, Cancer Therapies and Osteoporosis, New Therapies for Bone Disease, Paget's Disease Clinical Cases, Novel Extracellular Signalling, Treatment Conundrums and Fracture Liaison Services.
- New investigator session designed for non-clinical and clinical PhD students and post-docs in their early research career.
Over 600 attendees
The comprehensive programme was deliberately tailored for a diverse, multidisciplinary audience including:
• Elderly Care Specialists
• Occupational Therapists
• Fracture Liaison Nurses
• Hospital Nurses
• Osteoporosis Specialist Nurses
• Practice Nurses
• Bone Density Technicians
• Academics, Researchers and Students
The Royal College of Physicians has awarded 22 CPD credits for attendance at the full conference.
Large commercial exhibition
The Osteoporosis and Bone Conference 2012 featured a comprehensive commercial exhibition offering an unmissable opportunity for attendees to get up-to-date with the latest developments in products and services.