Parathormone daily injections
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )            

Parathormone daily injections Expand / Collapse

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie
I am to start on daily injections of Parathormone for 2 years.  Has anyone experience with this treatment?  Or thoughts on it? I know it is fairly new.

Maddy
Posted 06/06/2011 20:12:22 Post #5326

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member
Hi Maddy, I have been on the injection since January, I have had 6 spinal fractures in total. I was very apprehensive about starting the injections but have improved with regard to the excrutiating pain that I had initially and my posture is also better. The injection does not hurt at all. The only thing I would advise is that you inject in the evening as I used to do it at 5.00pm but I had a lot of trouble with nausea, once I changed to 9 o'clock at night the nausea just stopped. I am due my follow-up dexa soon and I am hoping for improvement. Your fracture risk is decreased by half after been on the injection for 3mths which is good. Have you any fractures or are your T scores bad.

Lydia x
Posted 08/06/2011 15:30:19 Post #5345

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member
Can anyone offer a link or explain more about this particular treament? Is it Forteo or is that a different drug?
Thanks
Posted 13/06/2011 19:10:08 Post #5442

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie
I had to inject myself for two years with PTH (in my case Preotact) and it was fine. The very fine needle didn't hurt and I had no side effects. I have just had a bone scan to see what it has done for me and I am longing to hear the result!
Posted 08/07/2011 19:10:52 Post #5817

Hi Lydia

Sorrry I have taken so long to reply. I have several spinal fractures and my T score is neaaring -5.  I have been in considerable pain for the last 10 months and your comments have boosted me no end.  I just started injecting last week so forward ho.  Thanks again.

Maddy

Posted 08/07/2011 19:17:02 Post #5818

Hi Pippa

I am very interested in hearing what improvement you have made if you didn't mind, could you let me know?  I have only been injecting for 1 week but have heard some good reports so far.  Were you in a lot of pain when you started as this is what I am hoping will ease soon.

Maddy

Posted 08/07/2011 19:54:50 Post #5821

Hi SusanR

They are two different drugs I believe, but if you search for drug treatment leaflets in the NOS website home page you should find leaflets on all the different treatments.

Maddy

Posted 11/07/2011 19:28:23 Post #5857

Hi Maddy - I have been injecting myself with Forsteo for the last 6 months ,  The only problem I have had is with my 5th pen when on the second day I was very sick and spent the next month feeling very nausus.  Now I have changed pens I am o k again!  I have had about 5 wedge fractures of the spine with a Tscore of -4.6.  I have lost about 4 inches in height which is giving me a prolem with my digestion but the back pain has vastly improved thanks to acupuncture and I have just started hydratherapy all through my NHS physio so I am now able to do a little more after a terrible year!  Have to hope forsteo is as good as they say.

Trish 25

« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:22am